Tuesday, April 13, 2010

it's in the bag

Unless you've been living under a rock, you are aware of the cloth shopping bag phenomenon (it's as popular as tabloid stars getting their extra 15 minutes of fame on Dancing with the Stars. No offense Mrs. Gosselin). Conveniently available at the cash registers of almost anywhere you shop, including places like tar-jhay" and all kinds of grocery stores & pharmacies. Usually for a scant 99 cents. I even purchased one at a garden center. And if you are like me, you have accumulated quite a stash. In spite of all my good intentions though, I inevitably forget the darn things hanging on the hook right inside the back door. A lot of good that does me, right? So, as penance for a faulty memory(and more than my fair share of consumption in other areas), I now make all sorts of bag free purchases. And the reactions I get run the gamut from gracious to slightly annoyed to down right bewildered. It's just a bag people. Or lack thereof, anyway.

p.s. a plastic bag takes 500 to 1,000 years to break down, that's crazy right?

2 comments:

  1. how bout just keeping a stash in your car at all times...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good idea, indeed. But somehow they migrate indoors & don't quite make it back out to the car!

    ReplyDelete