Saturday, April 17, 2010

come on last frost















The glint in my eye is somewhat diminished. I would like my counter tops, laundry room & even the top of the piano to be freed from oppression. The seedlings need to go outdoors & soon! I have already learned root vegetables ( they are in the garden germinating as I ruminate, hopefully), are best sown directly in the garden. Belles of Ireland (cool flower which is overpriced in the supermarket) are another finicky character which doesn't like to be transplanted...the packaging at the garden center made me do it! And i have no idea if my measly looking tomato plants will ever bear fruit. But my cucumbers are still indoors & looking mighty fine, if I say so myself. There are plenty so if you find a coffee cup on your doorstep with a leafy vine tumbling out, consider it my pay it forward in veggie speak. My zinnias & cosmos also look promising but found out through my info search that both would have done just fine sprinkled on the ground.

Hmmm, this has certainly been an adventure in wrong steps. But I am trying to take it all in & do it better next year. In the meantime, I am waiting for the last frost which is supposed to be April 17th, today!! But the garden center gurus have warned not to plant before Mother's day. I plan on splitting the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment