Tuesday, March 30, 2010

small steps

My three year old can undo a room in 60 seconds flat! I'm not kidding, you should see our playroom. So it wasn't any surprise to see toilet paper all over the floor after she was in there "all by myself".

This got me thinking of a tip I read on a green website about toilet paper. Double rolls. It was that simple. The idea being a double roll eliminates more of those cardboard do-dads your kids use to play pirate with. I think there will still be plenty leftover for jr's art projects. But how simple? It also saves on packaging, a bonus. Now if you have the space & inclination, you can grab a big, 20 roll pack of Marcal small steps brand in just about any local grocery store & you'll be one step closer to green utopia. It's made from 100 percent paper not trees. And are you ready for this...you could be considered locovore-ish. It is manufactured in Elmwood Park, NJ. "a small, easy step to a greener earth". Not a bad slogan. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment