Thursday, March 25, 2010

the bell un-rung

Have you ever run into a friend & gotten some news that inconveniently needed to be addressed sooner than later? How about listened to your messages & decided to put off returning calls for the time being (this excludes moms. we always call our moms right back).
In some ways this is how I feel about being green. It can, at times, feel overwhelming & time sensitive (just think Al Gore). We all make decisions every day about what is right for our families & ourselves. Is little Jimmy watching too much TV? Did I do enough for a sick friend? And the list just goes on & on. And those decisions hold enough guilt without the whole green aspect.
I am a first born AND libra. Balance is a tricky endeavor for me. Boy, do I see both sides to every story & I'd like to "please" both sides. This is where the green thing gets confusing in Tina world. My goal is to be somewhere in the middle range of green-ness. Not to give away my all my earthly possessions (I really like my creature comforts) & live off the land freegan style (an anticonsumeristic ethic to eating) or a do nothing, think of no consequences little bubble boy. Don't get me wrong though. I "get" them both. Well, sort of.
So, since the metaphorical bell cannot be un-rung, I am going to do the best I can one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment