Sunday, March 21, 2010

the box is built


So as you can see, my husband, Tom, pulled it off. He constructed a beautiful raised bed for me to get planting in.



We had 3 yards mix of compost, soil & in Tom's words "mushroom stuff" delivered this past saturday (there was PLENTY of extra). The delivery guy was apparently very proud of how well he mixed the three. Boys are funny.

Now I am feeling a huge amount of pressure to make sure I grow a kick butt garden. My little peas plants are looking awful lonely & really wimpy in the 10 x 4 plot. The even tinier mesclun shoots look kinda pathetic to be honest. As you can imagine I was feeling out of my depth, so I walked away.

You'll be happy to know I didn't go far but needed a moment to regroup. As I was mindlessly cutting back a hydrangea bush (poor plant!), I formulated a plan. I will go to my favorite garden center, Terrain, and grab some baby plants a more experienced gardener started & see which do better. My little weaklings or their green, lush promises. Hmmm, I don't sound very optimistic do I. Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment