Sunday, April 3, 2011

a breath of fresh air

I love this time of year. The chives & scallions I planted last summer are popping up vigorously in my raised bed. When I spied these clumps of green in an otherwise dreary garden plot, it felt like a gift.
Mother Nature may be a bit wacked out lately but she never fails to deliver the promise of spring in a delightful way, year after year.
I couldn’t help myself; I went camera in hand to capture what could be considered a mirage after all this crazy weather. Now I have proof, spring is indeed upon us. All promise of warmer weather. Yeah!
Now if I could just brave this snappy weather to get my peas, beets, carrots and radishes in the ground.



Earth day is right around the corner. I'd love to hear what you all are doing. I think my kids & I are headed to Crows Woods, our local adventure land. With a community garden and lots of trails through the woods, we always enjoy our time exploring, as did our dogs when they were puppies. So Earth day is our chance to give back to this plot of land that has given us so much over the years. I am sure we will be picking up trash, always a bunch of trash. But hopefully we will be able to find some other efforts going on to add our muscle.

1 comment:

  1. nice post! i have a potentially dumb question. do scallions and chives come up perennially or do you have to plant them every year? don't laugh!

    ReplyDelete