Saturday, June 26, 2010

stops & starts



















My garden is in the anticipation stage. And, oh, boy are we ever!

Just back from a waterlogged camping trip, I ducked out the back door to check on my green babies. Some didn't fair well. RIP my lovely strawberry plant. You will be missed. But this loss was off-set by all the promising green. The Rampapo tomato is taking over the far end of the plot giving the string beans a run for their money.
Peppers are prospering! And lots of leafy lush-ness is spilling out & over the sides of my raised bed. Carrot & beet greens continue to climb skyward. We have even harvested some bush beans. And hidden under all the promised bounty a little purple gem...eggplant. It's so cute. I am a proud momma.

Now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment