Saturday, June 26, 2010

not so green

















My poor strawberry plant didn't have as much fun while I was away as I did. Stating the obvious here. It was a good little plant too. Plenty of plump, ripe berries eaten right off the vine with plenty of red-stained fingers to prove it. This plant was to be the grandfather to all our future generations of berries. Big plans were hatched in my head for a strawberry patch, bushel of blueberries & bramble of raspberries. Dream big or go home, I say. Piece of advice...when dreaming don't forget to insert a back-up watering plan in with the visions of grandeur!

Well, I guess it's all part of my learning curve. Next year strawberries are going right in the ground. And Tom will (fingers crossed) be busy building me another beautiful raised bed to start everything early. And I have my mind set on a watering wizard...real, not imagined. In the meantime, we are taking better care of his younger sibling!

No comments:

Post a Comment