Wednesday, May 12, 2010

cup o joe














Synergy. That's all I can say. I am the lucky recipient of a collaboration between weather, illness & a chance encounter. Does this sound intriguing or just downright depressing? Well, while you think about it let me explain.

My little one, Elise, has been running a fever for a full 24 hours. Never fun, right? But behold the power of Motrin (the cvs brand, folks. I do stay informed about recalls)) & on demand movies. So that is under control. At least for the moment.

The weather happens to generate an inner dialogue (global warming anyone?) with all it's blustery frigidness & now the rain. But again coupled with a "under the weather" kid, I get a pass to stay in pjs all day, do laundry & catch up on my dvr-ed shows.

Now for the key ingredient. The reason for finding myself delighted in the face of a not so ideal situation. Coffee. Not just the random bag stuffed at the back of my freezer in case of brain fog or general malaise. This elixir came from a fragrant brown bag of glossy whole beans on offer at the headhouse farmer's market.

I was lucky enough to visit the market this past sunday, mom's day. My stop at the coffee stand was really by gravitation pull. I was in line to acquire a couple of loaves of bread from Wild Flour Bakery. The asiago cheese & sundried tomato polenta loaf is amazing! It went perfect with our free range london broil & local asparagus. Oh & the salad greens from our garden (let's hope everything in my garden grows as beautifully!) Bonus my husband cooked it all!!

But back on subject. The recycled brown bags of Joe's coffee stood shoulder to shoulder waiting to be deployed into service. Not only did I walk away with a cup of freshly roasted deliciousness but also a bag of El Salvador & even Market Day canele. It just kept getting better. Joe's coffee is organic, fair trade and sustainable with minimal compost-able packaging. And the taste. mmmmmm, mmmm. The simple pack states "floral, chocolate frangrance & honey". I say heaven!

So even though I miss the cast of characters & lively conversation in my local coffee shop, I am just fine. Sitting here warming my hands on my favorite mug of joe.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes it is nice just to stay put in your own universe! this is good nesting weather!

    we miss you and will be happy to have you back among the cast of characters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,
    Thanks for checkin in. Nesting, indeed! Only problem...drank too much coffee!

    ReplyDelete